Education and Training
- BTech, Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, India
- MS, Chemical Engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA
- PhD, Biomedical Engineering, Washington University, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA 2012
Advisor: Dr. Yoram Rudy
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Simula Research Laboratory, Lysaker, Norway 2012-
Supervisor: Dr. Aslak Tveito
- Calcium dynamics in heart cells.
- Multiscale modeling of electrophysiology in cardiac tissue
- American Heart Association (AHA) Doctoral Fellowship, 2010-2012
- Gaur N and Rudy Y. “Multiscale modeling of Ca cycling in cardiac ventricular myocyte: Macroscopic consequences of microscopic dyadic function”, Biophysical Journal, Biophys J. 2011; 100(12), 2904-2912.
- van Oort RJ, Garbino A, Wang W, Dixit SS, Landstrom AP, Gaur N, De Almeida AC, Skapura DG, Rudy Y, Burns AR, Ackerman MJ, Wehrens XH. “Disrupted junctional membrane complexes and hyperactive ryanodine receptors after acute junctophilin knockdown in mice.”, Circulation. 2011; 123, 979-988.
- Gaur N, Rudy Y and Hool LC. “Contributions of ion channel currents to ventricular action potential changes and induction of early afterdepolarizations during acute hypoxia.”, Circ Res. 2009; 105(12): 1196-1203