- ICON - Switch-, router-, system- and storage area interconnection networks
- Switches and routers are one of the main pillars of modern information and communication technology. Switch- and router architecture is the science on how to design these components so that they achieve the highest possible performance, as well as how to organize a set of such components into cooperating networks.
- Resilient Networks
- The Resilient Networks project develops and demonstrates protocols and methods for routing and self-configuration that increases the resilience a network has against a range of challenges like failing components, misconfigurations and unexpected traffic patterns.
- RELAY - Resource utilization in time-dependent large-scale distributed systems
- More heterogeneous end-systems and faster access networks make large scale distributed multimedia applications such as streaming and gaming increasingly popular. RELAY addresses issues of resource utilization in such distributed systems by investigating distribution mechanisms, network and operating system support that provide quantifiably better support.
- REPAIR – REsilient Protocols And Internet Routing
- The purpose of this project is to develop and demonstrate protocols and methods for routing and self-configuration that increases the resilience a network has against a range of challenges like failing components, misconfigurations and unexpected traffic patterns.
- Resilient Wireless Networks
- The purpose of this project is to design architecture, protocols and algorithms to provide resilient services continuously and effectively for wireless networks. We are expecting to incorporate resilience as an inherent characteristic in wireless networks.
- SimTel Innovation
- SimTel Innovation is a joint project between Simula Research Laboratory, Simula Innovation AS and Telenor R&I. The goal of SimTel Innovation is to conduct high quality research and innovation within the fields of telecom, information technology and media. SimTel Innovation will focus on research topics with a high potential for innovation and commercialization. The SimTel project provides an exclusive opportunity to do innovative research within a fruitful partnership of an academic research institution and a large network operator and its strategic vendor partners.